Issue installing Bynet driver for Teradata 12.0 Express edition

Database

Issue installing Bynet driver for Teradata 12.0 Express edition

I'm trying to install Teradata 12.0 Express edition on a Windows 2003 R2 32-bit (x86) machine. I click on the first installation step which is to install the bynet(x86) 2.7.0.0 driver.

I click on the install and it spawns a command prompt that exits quickly. I get the error:

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

I had trouble with the bynet driver in a previous installation. Previously, it just hung (the black command prompt hung) for over 20 minutes. I had to reboot the machine.

So it seems that I need to clean up the remnants of the previous installation. Any advice on how to do so? Thanks.
3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Issue installing Bynet driver for Teradata 12.0 Express edition

hey

Try doing a cleanup from teradata service control

start teradata service control->tool->cleanup

check the option of removing bynet and start the clean up

then remove all the teradata installations from the add/remove program list

reinstall again

good luck

Enthusiast

Even i had a problem similar to this one when i was installing the Teradata. Then i un-installed all TD & its components .After that using RegCleaner once again i cleaned some more entries that were not removed during un-installation. Also i stopped all the unwanted services including the antivirus.Then my installation went on very well .Just try this.

Even i had a problem similar to this one when i was installing the Teradata. Then i un-installed all TD & its components .After that using RegCleaner once again i cleaned some