JDBCException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 13.10.00.18] [Error 1323] [SQLState HY000]

Database
Visitor

JDBCException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 13.10.00.18] [Error 1323] [SQLState HY000]

When connecting with a client application to a Teradata server and executing a long select against a very large table,  I receive the following error

InitializationException: Could not access column(s) for table: 'ABCD_DCAB.tr�del' on 'jdbc:teradata://xx.**bleep**.**bleep**.**bleep**/DBS_PORT=1025' in: 1.19 seconds
JDBCException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 13.10.00.18] [Error 1323] [SQLState HY000] Cannot get data value for column 1 because the result set contains zero rows. SqlState: HY000 Error Code: 1323

Does the following message indicate that an object modified or deleted during the query: " Could not access column(s) for table: 'ABCD_DCAB.tr�del'?  

I am not a Teradata DBA.  However, I frequently work with a Teradata client application.

Thanks
Magda

1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: JDBCException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 13.10.00.18] [Error 1323] [SQLState HY000]

Error 1323 indicates that the application tried to call one of the ResultSet getter methods to retrieve a column value, but the ResultSet was empty, meaning zero rows.

In other words, this is due to a bug or programming error in the application.