Linkserver from Teradata to SQL Server

Database

Linkserver from Teradata to SQL Server

Hi,

I am new to teradata, i wanted to get the steps to get the data from SQL Server Tables. Basically I have an architecture where i need to get some data both from SQL Server & Teradata using stored procedures in Teradata, I don't want to duplicate the data that is present in sql server to teradata. But I am not able to get correct scripts to get the data from SQL Server

Regards,

Nitin

5 REPLIES

Re: Linkserver from Teradata to SQL Server

I am not sure about your target. Even in  TPT wizard, I did not see SQL server as source. Maybe I deal with an old version?

What I see is that for sanity purpose, it is good to land the data at least in an enterprise landing zone(ELZ) and then do intermediate processing or load to target. Maybe you can provide more details. 

Hi Raja,

I want to get this data for Reporting purpose, basically as i mentioned i am getting part of data from SQL and Part from Teradata and then i want to create reports on top of it. Now instead of write SPs both in SQL & Teradata, I want to code everything in Teradata only.

Regards,

Nitin

You can export the the data from sql server to a landing zone, in file format and then load the files using tpt or fastload.... You may need to do data quality check after landing like formatting etc. It is from one environment to another.From SSIS ,SQL server side, there may be connectors to load to Teradata directly, provided by some vendors like attunity. You can check. Previously I heard some issues with some folks.

I want to avoid that as i don't want to duplicate data.

Regards,

Nitin

For one off job, download to a file. Then tpt...Fastload... to Teradata table staging. Then compare staged table with  Teradata to avoid the duplicates as per your requirement.

As far as I understand, you dont want to do ETL or ELT processing to compare the data thru ETL/ELT tool  or it is not a continuous flow.