Listng of JCL errors which runs teradata scripts(sql statments)

Database

Listng of JCL errors which runs teradata scripts(sql statments)

Hi all,

i have just started to work on teradata as an back end. Generally i have to run teradata script using jcl and perform various operation on teradata tables like fast load, update-insert, create-delete. I am using BTQMAIN utility to run this script in JCL. Though i dont know exectly which IBM utility is used to run teradata script(which contains sql statements). I am going to run a script file to create view of an existing table. My script JCL contains all the operation like UI(Update-insert), FL(Fast-Upload),DT(Delete-table), CT(Create-table). So i comment out all other operations and just run my VIEW script file only, so is it true? because i got two types of erroes like earlier i got 3524 return code i.e, MAXCC=3524 and now i am getting another that is 3706 return code i.e, MAXCC=3706. So can anybay give me list of error cods or can any body tell me regarding what should i do?
Should i remove comment from CT and DT members from my jcl?

Thanks
Meetal
1 REPLY
ac
Enthusiast

Re: Listng of JCL errors which runs teradata scripts(sql statments)

Hi Meetal

Those sound like Teradata RDBMS errors and not JCL errors. If you look at the Teradata Messages manual you'll find a full list of them. One is for syntax error, and one is for incorrect access.

Cheers,

Andy