Loading Excel file into Teradata Studio using SSIS fails.

Database

Loading Excel file into Teradata Studio using SSIS fails.

Hello,

I am setting up an ETL process using Microsoft SSIS that will load Excel files into Teradata. I have downloaded Teradata Tools & Utilities (TTU) and am able to connect SSIS to Teradata succesfully.

When I attempt to load Excel files into Teradata using SSIS the load regularly fails though returning an error code stating "Invalid Date Supplied".

The dates in Excel are formatted "MM/DD/YYYY" and I believe the defualt date format in Teradata Studio is "YYYY-MM-DD" which would be fine if I could actually load the tables.

I should also note that we tried loading the files into Teradata without using SSIS and instead used the "Load Data" function in Teradata and the load still failed with an error reading "Max Errors Reached". Is there anywhere we could look to get a better indication of why the load failed? 

I've tried changing the formatting in Excel to match that date format of Teradata as well as repeatedly checking the DATE data type of the tables we're loading into. I've looked everywhere online and feel like I have tried everything to no avail. 

Has anyone run into this issue themselves or does anyone have a solution? Thanks!

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Re: Loading Excel file into Teradata Studio using SSIS fails.

did you specify in SSIS load that the dates are in mm/dd/yyyy format?

there are two links here that need to be made: data to load client and then load client to database

Dave