LogonTime and StartTime

Database
Enthusiast

LogonTime and StartTime

In DBQL – DBQLOGTBL, I’m seeing entries specifically for loading jobs where there is a huge time difference between the “LogonTime” and “StartTime”. Is this common? If this was an SQL assistant session, I would understand that the the time difference could simply be because he didn’t send any queries as soon as he logged in. But, how about for loading jobs? Is it possible that this is due to some resource contention on the Teradata side? i.e. LoaderTasks. Where a TPT Load script will be able to successfully login and establish a session but then when it starts checking for Load Slots availability, there’s nothing available and will therefore try to retry (based on Tenacity and sleep setting) without closing the session established?

2 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: LogonTime and StartTime

Did you check the StatementType and the QueryText?

FastLoad submits lots of statements to prepare and cleanup the job plus checkpoints.

AFAIK FastLoad logs on using a SQL session and tries to get a load slot, if this fails it logs out again.

Dieter

Enthusiast

Re: LogonTime and StartTime

if you are on 13.10 CHECK WORKLOAD FOR and CHECK WORLOAD END statements should appear in DBQL before load job starts. this was implemented to cleanly delay Utilities which was not possible earlier.