Looking for help on full teradata database backup and restore steps. (preferably DSA-Netbackup)

Database
Enthusiast

Looking for help on full teradata database backup and restore steps. (preferably DSA-Netbackup)

Hello All,

I'm looking for help on full database backup and restore steps, which includes DBC, All users , accessrights , functions, procedures, Data, Join Indexes etc. to make the database back to normal.

I'm currently using DSA-Netbackup but any general BAR best practices/guidelines would help. Thanks

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Looking for help on full teradata database backup and restore steps. (preferably DSA-Netbackup)

'llo,

Probably best to enguage your local BAR SMEs' on that

With DSA I think you can only backup DBC as a seperate job (on a fairly mature system once a week is probably fine)

Backing up the rest is going to depend on things like your windows, RPO, RTO, business, application requirements, data segregation and prioritisation.

I generally say wherever possible backup at database level so you inherently grab all of the contained objects metadata.

Question what you are backing up and why eg. why backup staging tables if restoring them are of no use

nb. if you have access to "Teradata at your service" there should be able to get a copy of the DSA Orange Book

ta'

Enthusiast

Re: Looking for help on full teradata database backup and restore steps. (preferably DSA-Netbackup)

Thanks, I will check for the orange book.