MLOAD / FLOAD

Database
Enthusiast

MLOAD / FLOAD

Hi Guru's,

how to find which sessions is associated with particular MLOAD job.

example:

Suppose there are 5 Mload jobs loading on to say 25 tables ( ie 1 MLoad loading 5 tables ).So how to find which Mload job is associated with which table and its corresponding session numbers?

if i get the session number and table name it would really help me to abort particular MLOAD jobs.

Thanks
TD_DBA
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: MLOAD / FLOAD

Hi,

In 'Teradata manager' under Monitor tab, select 'All session Information', you can see all session including your MLOAD sessions and other required information, by looking into the SQLs of each session you could identify which MLOAD job is load which tables.

By getting the above information you can decide which job to be Abort.

Regards,
Balamurugan
Enthusiast

Balamurugan,

I guess you are wrong. when u invoke Multiload u will have at a min 2 session ie 1 is the control session and other the child sessions . If you notice keenly The control session runs the moment you execute the multiload script and it runs under Partition DBC/SQL. where as Child sessions actually do the job of loading it and normally u would see its status as idle but if u look at delta CPU from TD manager it will keep increasing indicating that the child sessions are doing something.this would run unde the partition MLOAD.

by the way r u a developr or a DBA?

How to restart the mload when it fails in application fails or in any other phase.

Thank you.
Enthusiast

Just submit the same script again. MLOAD will automatically resume from the point it where it left off.