Just an FYI.
I am using VBA and ldap to connect to Teradata. I've been using the Update method for ADO recordsets, but it's way too slow for large updates, so I switched to UpdateBatch.
Small problem: with UpdateBatch, it would seem to go thru the update (time-wise) but then give me a 'table not found' error for the table I was updating.
The Update method did not do this.
I found that you MUST use a DEFAULT DATABASE in the connection string for UpdateBatch to work.
Teradata, it seems, had 2 different sets of programmers working on Update and UpdateBatch. Typical of Teradata, the results of any operation may or may not produce the results you want.
I also found that, like with TDOLEDB, if you put the Max Buffer Size into the connection string, things go much, much quicker. Sad to say, ODBC still sucks with Teradata.
rights to materials on this website, the rights you grant to your submissions to this website, and your responsibilities regarding your conduct on this website.