'Materialized View' in Teradata?

Database

'Materialized View' in Teradata?

i just wanted to know if there's a way we can freeze the data in VIEW? as explained in one of the forums, if the underlying tables get updated, the view will be updated as well. Im wondering if we can freeze the data until the REPLACE view gets executed.

I know the ORACLE has this view called Materialized View. Does teradata has the same function?

appreciate your input. Thanks!

6 REPLIES
Junior Supporter

Re: 'Materialized View' in Teradata?

>>"Does teradata has the same function?"

Join Indexes in their different flavours.

HTH.

Cheers.

Carlos.

Thanks Carlos for the response.

But would you know if there's a way to freeze the data in VIEW even the base tables gets updated?

Enthusiast

The only way to "freeze" the data in a view that I'm aware of, is to insert it into a table of its own.

create table db.table

as

(select

from db.view )

with data

Junior Supporter

Yup.

In Oracle you can decide when to refresh the MV, but in Teradata you can only use a table and 'refresh' it whenever you want.

Cheers.

Carlos.

Enthusiast

For another alternative, consider the temporal table feature, which was introduced in release 13.10.  It allows you to define tables with a transaction time dimension.  Then you can specify a temporal qualifier in queries and/or views.  For more information see the volume Temporal Table Support in the Teradata SQL documentation set.

Thanks guys for the response. Appreciate it!