NEED PK, FK, and index of table narrowed down by Schema, table and KEY name if possible

Database
N/A

NEED PK, FK, and index of table narrowed down by Schema, table and KEY name if possible

Hi all, and thanks in advance for your help.

I need to find all PK, FK and index on certain tables. They need to be narrowed down so i can check if a certain table under my schema with a particular name has any keys or indexes and how many. Ive been able to figure it out for all others db;s but TD is giving me trouble. Can someone help or at least send me in the right direction.

thanks,

Adam

PS: Essentially what we do is subset data from one DB to another. I need to verify if the subsetted table has all the same keys, and indexes of the original table. thanks again.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Re: NEED PK, FK, and index of table narrowed down by Schema, table and KEY name if possible

Index: dbc.Indices
FK: dbc.ri_distinct_children and dbc.ri_distinct_parents
PK: Teradata replaces any PK definition with a unique index, UPI or USI
But PrimaryKeyIndexId in dbc.Tables keeps track of the original PK, this might be joined to dbc.indices.

Dieter
N/A

Re: NEED PK, FK, and index of table narrowed down by Schema, table and KEY name if possible

hey man, thanks very much, this appears to be working for me. p.
N/A

hey dieter,

for the foreign keys, is there any way to get the actual name of the column in my query?
N/A

Yep,
there's dbc.all_ri_children and dbc.all_ri_parents

Dieter