I am receiving this disgusting error, tried many ways to figure this out but couldn't succeed. See if you can help.
Here is the setup on Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit OS.
1. Installed latest VMware Player
2. Installed Teradata 14 Suse 40GB database sucessfuly.
3. The node on Linux is up and running.
4. Able to connect to Node using BTEQ on Suse.
5. Installed all 64 bit TTUs in proper order on Win 7, Installed SQL Assiatant 14, verified ports on VM and ODBC, hosts file etc.
6. Couldnt connect to Teradata using ODBC...below error.
10061 WSA E ConnRefused: The teradata server is not accepting connections.
7. Uninstalled 64 bit TTUs and installed 32bit TTUs and tried again, STILL SAME ERROR.
8. Anytime, pdestate shows database is up and running.
There are couple of threads with same quesion but no one replied with a solution.
Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
Thanks - Ram.
OK the solution to this is:
check your ODBC Connection, set the IP Address correctly to the VM Ware, incase you are using a loop back adapter make sure that the adapter address is updated. Optionally you could use Teradata.Net instead of ODBC.