Oreplace function throws error select failed.9134

Database
M_M
Teradata Employee

Oreplace function throws error select failed.9134

Hi,

I am trying to replace a special character with CRLF in Teradata table using OReplace func but somehow its not working and I am getting "Select Failed.9134" error.

The special Character may appear anywhere in the text.And the ColumnDatatype is generally text field  for eg: CLOB, VARCHAR(32000).

sel oreplace(CAST('MARY' AS VARCHAR(5)),'MA','0D0A'XC) from TEST_TABLE ------------------------- This works fine

sel oreplace(name,'MA','0D0A'XC) from TEST_TABLE -------------------------- This doesn’t work and below is the error message

9134:Unsupported CHaracterset encountered

Table definition:

CREATE SET TABLE TEST_TABLE ,NO FALLBACK ,

NO BEFORE JOURNAL,

NO AFTER JOURNAL,

CHECKSUM = DEFAULT,

DEFAULT MERGEBLOCKRATIO

(

TEST_txt VARCHAR(254) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC,

name VARCHAR(5) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC)

PRIMARY INDEX ( TEST_txt  );

4 REPLIES
M_M
Teradata Employee

Re: Oreplace function throws error select failed.9134

To provide further information to above query, I am using TD 14 developer's version (Free download) and TD13 client utilities.

Senior Apprentice

Re: Oreplace function throws error select failed.9134

Is this the old TDExpress version, 14.00.00.01? This might be an old bug, try the new 14.00.03.02 instead

http://downloads.teradata.com/download/database/teradata-express/vmware

Dieter

Teradata Employee

Error : Failure 9134 An unknown system function name was passed to getFpUdfIdentity()

while creating an UDF function using Create function command, getting error as :

Failure 9134 An unknown system function name was passed to getFpUdfIdentity()

Teradata Employee

Re: Error : Failure 9134 An unknown system function name was passed to getFpUdfIdentity()

This is not related to the original post.  Please start a new post and provide the create-function statement that causes the error, and tell us what Teradata release you are running.