Outlier Detection

Database
Fan

Outlier Detection

Hello,

I was hoping to get a little help on some sql. I have a table that contains account number which are created in a sequential order, thus there is a dependancy between date it is created and the account number. Some of these accounts have incorrect creation date, which i need to identify and correct. ex.

Date    Acct

7/1      108

7/1      100

7/1      101

7/1      102

7/2      105

7/2      106

7/4      103

7/4      104

7/4      107

I need to identify acct # 108 and change its date to 7/4 and acct ## 103 and 104 and change their dates to either 7/1 or 7/2 (not significant which way to go)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

Tags (1)
1 REPLY
Fan

Re: Outlier Detection

My issue is that when comparing to previous or following records in order to identify an outlier, I don't know how to exclude those previous records that are already identified as an outlier.  if there are more than one consecutive bad records, my logic doesn't work.

select

date,

max(minacct) over (order by date rows between 1 preceding and 1 preceding) as prev_min,

max(maxacct) over (order by date rows between 1 preceding and 1 preceding) as prev_max,

min(acct_num) as minacct,

max(acct_num) as maxacct,

max(minacct) over (order by date rows 1 following and 1 following) as next_min,

max(maxacct) over (order by date rows 1 following and 1 following) as next_max,

(case

when maxacct < prev_max then maxacct

when maxacct > next_min and maxacct > next_max then maxacct

when minacct < prev_max and minacct < prev_min then minacct

when minacct > next_min then minacct

end) as outlier

from tableX

doesn't work where there are bad records one after another.

when I try something like

min(case when outlier1 = 0 then minacct end) over (order by date rows unbounded preceding) as prev_min,

max(case when outlier1 = 0 then maxacct end) over (order by date rows unbounded preceding) as prev_max,

this gives me an error that ordered analytical functions can not be nested. Also can't use where or having clauses with the ordered analytical functions.

Thanks again