Peakperm and currentperm

Database
Enthusiast

Peakperm and currentperm

Hi,

What is the differnce between currentperm and peakperm in dbc.tablesizev for a table ? For checking proper disctrubution, i check for currentperm distributd across all amps. Is this correct ot should i also check for peakperm. i see for my table currentperm in is 190,234,212 and peakperm is 381,581,824.00 ? What does it mean ?

Thanks !

Samir

Accepted Solutions
Senior Apprentice

Re: Peakperm and currentperm

It means that this table used twice the Permspace a few hours/day/weeks/months ago:

Peakperm is usually reset by the DBAs as a daily/weekly/whatever job.

Twice the Permspace might be twice the number of rows (so 50% of the data has been deleted since), but maybe the table was Fallback protected (every row was stored twice on different AMPs) before and this has been switched off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

It means that this table used twice the Permspace a few hours/day/weeks/months ago:

Peakperm is usually reset by the DBAs as a daily/weekly/whatever job.

Twice the Permspace might be twice the number of rows (so 50% of the data has been deleted since), but maybe the table was Fallback protected (every row was stored twice on different AMPs) before and this has been switched off.

Enthusiast

Thanks Dieter.

So, while finding the current space of the table, i need not worry about the peakperm ? The currentperm is the value to look for.