Problem with Teradata Service Control

Database
N/A

Problem with Teradata Service Control

Hi Techie's

I have installed Teradata 8.1 but having problems in getting started. Whenever I tried to double click on Teradata Service Control it says
Gateway must be started. Please reboot or uninstall and reinstall the teradata database.

Not sure why its throwing this error message.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sashi
11 REPLIES

Re: Problem with Teradata Service Control

Don't recall correctly, I wonder if it was that Bynet was not installed ?

You can also try starting the Teradata Gateway Service from the windows services panel. might get some better error message there ...
N/A

Thanks for replying. Bynet is running fine. I am not sure which service should I restart. In services I could see only Bynet service which is running fine.

Thanks,
Sashi

There are three more ... make sure these are present.

Teradata GTW reserve port (this service needs to be running, at the time of the system start, has a dependency on )
Teradata Inetd service
Teradata Database Initiator
N/A

Hi

I couldn't see any of those 3 services running in windows services. Please guide me with further steps.

Thanks

What is the situation ? The services are there, but not running , or the services are not there to begin with ?
N/A

The services are not there to begin with.

Hmm... in the Demo installation menu, did you install the Teradata Database V2R6.1 option as well (the one below Bynet driver) ? can you check if the directory C:\Program Files\NCR\TDAT\tdconfig is present. Also in the Add-remove programs can you see entries (Exactly the same name)

Teradata Database 6.1 (Demo Version)
N/A

Hi

I have installed Teradata Database V2R6.1 option also. The directory path exists upto NCR folder ( TDAT is not showing up ). I checked add/remove prg, couldn't find the entries.

Hmm... this looks a bit weird :o...

Did you try installing that option again ? Also check if your windows login id has Administrator privileges and that you have sufficient disk space. Did you notice any errors during your first installation ?