Prompt for Password reset to Teradata database without going through SQL Assistance

Database
Enthusiast

Prompt for Password reset to Teradata database without going through SQL Assistance

Hi,

I am looking for a way to reset password for Teradata database login without going through SQL Assistant.

We have business users who wants to reset there own user passwords (password expires  based on policy every 3months) without going through SQL Assistance. 

I even read a post which had a BTEQ script that prompts password from user while logging in BTEQ mode to execute any query (Although didn't get how to implement it)

So was wondering if we can do such way or have anyother method by which password reset upon expiry or upon will is possible.

Thank You!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: Prompt for Password reset to Teradata database without going through SQL Assistance

I don't know if this is what you want, but every user can change his password at any time using 

modify user xyz as password = new password;
-- double quote the password if is includes special charaters: "new pass&word"

This can be done using any existing client tool.

Enthusiast

Re: Prompt for Password reset to Teradata database without going through SQL Assistance

Hi,

I want to automate the process of this password reset to my users without getting into client tool.

Say all they have to do is input there old password & new password on runtime in batch script (windows) & they have there password reset.

Is this possible?

Junior Contributor

Of course, in the batch logon to BTEQ using the old password and then submit a MODIFY USER with the new one.

Or write a mini-program in your preferred language to do that.