RDBMS error 2635: Error tables are invalid when doing a fastload

Database
Enthusiast

RDBMS error 2635: Error tables are invalid when doing a fastload

Hi ,

I am getting the following error when doing a fast load.

**** 15:21:00 RDBMS error 2635: Error tables are invalid OR
TFL_SALE is in an invalid state for Load

does this mean the is a fastload lock on the table.

Need help in solving this...

Thanks
Nick
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: RDBMS error 2635: Error tables are invalid when doing a fastload

The table may in a Fastload-paused state which means of the 2 phases of fastload, phase 1 is probably complete and an abort occurred at Phase 2. You may submit an empty script with only BEGIN and END LOADING statements which restarts Phase 2 only.

But more likely 1 or both the error tables have been dropped as they have suddenly entered an invalid state. Best to release the lock by submitting only BEGIN and END LOADING statements, clear the table and re-submit original script.

If an empty script with BEGIN and END LOADING statements is not being accepted..then you may need DBA intervention...not sure of that.

Hi,

I got the same error while Fast loading a file. I tried to restart Fastload using only BEGIN and END LOADING, but it did not work.
What I found later is the file I am loading is of Variable Length and the format I defined in fast load script is fixed length. I changed the format and fast load worked fine.

Thanks,
Dhaval Shah.
Teradata Developer.
Enthusiast

The target fastload table is locked in your case. Here are few options which you can try.
1) submit a fastload script only with Begin loading tablename and end loading statement.if you receive an error message stating "table is already in loading phase" try out step2.
2) check sysadmin.fastlog for more info ( only DBA can do) , drop the target table (using) and recreate one using the same ddl and then run your fastload script after you have validated your datasource. if you are expecting some bad records in the input file it would be safe you to set errorlimit in fastload script.
Enthusiast

My job failed leaving the loading table, ET and UV tables locked. The ET and UV tables were accidently droped. After that when the fastload was run on the same table (which is still locked), this error was returned.