Ranking the values ignoring duplicates

Database
N/A

Ranking the values ignoring duplicates

Hello all,

I have to select all the records of top 20 values in a field. Each value may have thousands of records. So, these values have many duplicates.

Below is a sample dataset and I would need the values as highlighted with expected value.

Order diff   lift            rank              row_number           expected_value

-1              1.2             1                        1                             1

-1              1.3             1                        2                             1

-1              1.4             1                        3                             1

2               2.5             4                       4                              2

2               2.6             4                       5                              2

3               3.5             6                       7                              3

3               3.6             6                       8                              3

3               3.8             6                       9                              3

so that I can select all the records with 1,2 of expected values.

Can some one please help?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Ranking the values ignoring duplicates

Junior Contributor

Re: Ranking the values ignoring duplicates

And if you're not on TD14.10, yet, you might use a workaround:

Missing Functions: DENSE_RANK