Receiving Error: 10054 WSA E ConnReset: Connection reset by peer

Database

Receiving Error: 10054 WSA E ConnReset: Connection reset by peer

Please accept my apologies if this isn't the place for this post. However I need some help.

I connect to our Teradata server through sql assistant and microsoft access using the teradata odbc drivers. When I connect from home (logged into our network through a VPN) I have no connection issues. However, when I'm actually in the office connected to our network I receive the following error after about 10 mins or so:

10054 WSA E ConnReset: Connection reset by peer.

I'm having no other problems with network connections to other functions . . . only to teradata. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Jess
3 REPLIES
SN
Enthusiast

Re: Receiving Error: 10054 WSA E ConnReset: Connection reset by peer

hi,

it could be because of the system unavailability due to a maintenance activity on the server.
check if you face connection problem only specific time & day or whenever you connect to the server.

thx

I appreciate the reply. Unfortunately, it's all day every day that I'm in the office. I've tried connecting hard-lined and via our wireless network . . . connecting to the workgroup . . . not connecting to the workgroup . . .

Very frustrating!

FYI . . . our DBA found a post on another site where a person was having the same problem as me . . . disconnects when not connected via VPN but no trouble outside of the office.

They solved their problem by uninstalling & reinstalling their VPN software. I tried it & it worked! I've been connected & running queries since then . . . and seem to be running even better than before.

So . . . that was my answer . . . uninstall & reinstall my VPN software. Must have fixed SOMETHING that was corrupted.