Recommend books about Teradata

Database

Recommend books about Teradata

I am a newer to teradata database, and I want to study teradata database systematically all the time by a classical book about teradata. But I could not find such that book as introduce teradata. Can everyone recommed one book to me? it is better to tell me where download it. Thanks very very much .

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Recommend books about Teradata

Hello Jerry,

For any document on Teradata, go to the link "http://www.info.teradata.com/"

Then, "Data Warehousing" [Browse by Category] --> "Teradata Database" --> "Introduction to Teradata" [Title]

You can reference any materials from this site.

Hi ,

I am new to Teradata. I would like to know how Teradata db is a datawarehouse?

As per my understanding, for example: I extract operational data from Oracle DB and transforms the data  using Informatica ETL and load the data into table in Teradata DB.

Similarly, I extract operational data from Oracle DB and transforms the data  using Informatica ETL and load the data into table in Oracle DB.

Then Why Teradata alone is defined as Datawarehouse and why not Oracle? 

Please clarify my doubt and correct me if I am wrong anywhere?

Teradata Employee

Simply storing data in a Teradata database doesn't magically turn it into an integrated Data Warehouse. Nor is it impossible to implement a Data Warehouse on a non-Teradata platform. But there are advantages to using a platform  that is purpose built for data warehousing.

It's sort of like asking "How is a building a corporate office headquarters?" There are many buildings that could conceivably be used as offices, but some are clearly more suited to that particular use.