Recommended Query Banding

Database
Highlighted

Recommended Query Banding

The Teradata Knowledge Article below, relating to a new Viewpoint Portal - section 'Application Queries' - refers to Viewpoint automatically generating the Application Name using Query Band information "if the Teradata Recommended Query Band Format is followed

http://developer.teradata.com/viewpoint/articles/overview-of-teradata-viewpoint-15-10

As of yet, I've been unable to find out what that Teradata Recommended Query Band format is. Is this a throwaway line, or does such a thing as a Teradata recommended Query Band format exist

Any help appreciated    

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Recommended Query Banding

I believe this is referring to the "recommended" Application query band names, specifically ApplicationName.

They are mentioned in the Application Programming Reference manual, and there is also an Orange Book.

The QueryBandReservedNames_TBF table function documents these names and suggested usage:

SELECT * FROM TABLE(QueryBandReservedNames_TBF()) qb WHERE Category='A' ORDER BY QueryBand_Name;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

I believe this is referring to the "recommended" Application query band names, specifically ApplicationName.

They are mentioned in the Application Programming Reference manual, and there is also an Orange Book.

The QueryBandReservedNames_TBF table function documents these names and suggested usage:

SELECT * FROM TABLE(QueryBandReservedNames_TBF()) qb WHERE Category='A' ORDER BY QueryBand_Name;

Many rthanks Fred, very useful - hadn't seen this before 

Junior Contributor

And for the current queryband names you can use SYSLIB.QueryBandReservedNames (which hides the table function syntax)