Records are getting skipped in Mload

Database
Enthusiast

Records are getting skipped in Mload

Hi All,

I am loading XML data into Terdata table thru datastage jobs. in datastage, using mload utility.

but some of the records are getting skipped. even these records are not going to Error1 or Error2 tables.

I couldn't track them.

Could you please give some suggestion to figure it out.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Records are getting skipped in Mload

Check whether the all the constraints of the target table are met with the data you are loading.

Enthusiast

Thanks for your mani. The data met all table constraints.

All data read from XML file and passed to teradata connector ( Which does the MLOAD).

While loading to table some records are being rejected. some control characters(non printable characters) are receiving in the file. Does it matter for the rejection?

Could you please help me.

Enthusiast

I think that is what is causing the problem. I think you can use Alpha function to get only the characters. Try it.

http://datastage-tutorial.com/2011/04/how-to-remove-special-characters-data-and-load-rest-of-the-dat...

Enthusiast

Why dont you try writing the rejects in Datastage to a temporary file and see?

Enthusiast

Hi Sriraman,

The issue with Teradata mload. Not with datastage. Xml file successfully parsed and sent to teradata connector. While loading its getting rejected (in acquisition phase).

design:

Seq file stage-->XML input stage --> transformer stage --> teradata connector

1000 records ---> 1000 records          --> 1000 records (here only 997 records are getting loaded. 3 records are getting skipped).

Thanks.

Enthusiast

Hi All,

Due to some control charaters in source data, records were skipped in teradata acquisition phase. I have handled(removed control characters) it in datastage. Now all records got inserted.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Thanks,