Schema Slow

Database

Schema Slow

Hi,

I have two schemas residng in same Teradata box. Unfortunately one of our schema goes very slow suddenly.

We face spool space issues continusly. How to get our schema perform better and get ride of spool space issues

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Schema Slow

Hi

spool space is the unused perm space, there can be many reasons behind the spool space issue. Please check whether the user submitting the queries has enough spool space limit assigned. Also check for that same user whether many concurrent sessions are running. I suppose you already have certain amount of space reserved for entire setting. You can check dbc.diskspacev for total space used. I would suggest to check even the explain of the submitting queries to understand whether they are not using any unnecessary processing steps and causing unwanted spool consumption.

Hope this is helpful. I am sure experts in this forum can help you more.

Thanks

Santanu

Thanks  for suggestions. Can you please let me know what all checks i need to do when DB is slow 

Enthusiast

Hi

Again there may be various reasons why system is slow. If you have viewpoint then check system health portlet, matric analysis protlet, query monitor portlet to get specific idea. Also you can check resusages tables. The dbql tables can be helpful for query level information. ampusage view can be helpful to provide user level resource consumption. Experts here can add more points.

But what problem you are facing? Is it, you are having not enough spool space error or everything is running but their response is not as expected. If so then you need to talk to your dba team.

Thanks

Santanu