Secure Delete in Teradata

Database
The Teradata Database channel includes discussions around advanced Teradata features such as high-performance parallel database technology, the optimizer, mixed workload management solutions, and other related technologies.
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Secure Delete in Teradata

Good day,

The Information Security Team of my Office, wants that demonstrate, how Teradata performs the secure Deleted of a record.

That is, in a Delete statement, records can not be recovered without having a table with Fallback or the Backup.

Physically... where i can see this request?

Accepted Solutions
Senior Apprentice

Re: Secure Delete in Teradata

Hi,

When you delete a row from a Teradata table then providing that the transaction that contained the DELETE command has completed, the row is removed. End of story.

Even if the table is in Fallback the row is removed (the DELETE removes both the primary copy and the fallback copy).

At this point it can only be recovered by restoring from a backup.

If you have query logging turned on then the DELETE is recorded there. Is that what you meant by 'where can I see this request?'.

Cheers,

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Hi,

When you delete a row from a Teradata table then providing that the transaction that contained the DELETE command has completed, the row is removed. End of story.

Even if the table is in Fallback the row is removed (the DELETE removes both the primary copy and the fallback copy).

At this point it can only be recovered by restoring from a backup.

If you have query logging turned on then the DELETE is recorded there. Is that what you meant by 'where can I see this request?'.

Cheers,

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com
Enthusiast

"...If you have the query record activated, the DELETE can be found there. Is that what he meant by 'where can I see this request?'.."

Hello ... No, I want to see if there is any configuration to parameterize the erase function.

Your answer was complete

Thank you!