Service not starting for 12.0 DB

Database
Enthusiast

Service not starting for 12.0 DB

Hi

I have downloaded 12.0 from site and installed the same. I installed BTEQ, DB and the tools. My teradata database initiator services are starting up and going down. What will be the reason. Please help me out on that..

Many Thanks,
Rajesh Sankaran.
9 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: Service not starting for 12.0 DB

Hi Rajesh,
the recond service is just kicking off the start of Teradata and then stops.
So your Teradata is probably already running, AFAIR there's a small tool to start/stop Teradata within the menu.

If it's not started check the Windows Eventlog for error messages.

Dieter
Enthusiast

Hi,

Thanks for the information. This is event log for running the services.

[size=7][size=6]10.10.2008 15:15:13 TdatTools Information None 29001 N/A Home PDE Information daemon recond ServiceStop called
10.10.2008 15:15:10 TdatTools Information None 29001 N/A Home PDE Information daemon recond -o: single node only completion
10.10.2008 15:15:09 TdatTools Information None 29001 N/A Home PDE Information daemon recond A910_Start_PDEMAIN: PdeMain started

10.10.2008 15:15:08 TdatTools Information None 29001 N/A Home "PDE Information daemon recond tuning change: C:\Program Files\Teradata\Tdat\LPDE\ETC\recondTunables.txt
Before: t1_boot_time_interval = 300
After: t1_boot_time_interval = 60
"
10.10.2008 15:15:08 TdatTools Information None 29001 N/A Home PDE Information daemon recond ServiceStart called [/size][/size]

Can u pls help me out of this

Many Thanks,
Rajesh
Senior Apprentice

Hi Rajesh,
this looks ok, there should be some events following immediately with a source "Teradata" and they will tell you, if it started successfully or failed to start. But as already mentioned, the service will be down, even if it started successfully. To stop it, you have to run "tpareset -x comment"

Dieter
Enthusiast

Do a pdestate -a and you will know for sure whether your DB is up or not.
Enthusiast

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all the helping hands.

I got the following information

C:\Documents and Settings\home>pdestate -a
PDE state is RUN/STARTED.
DBS state is 5: Logons are enabled - The system is quiescent

C:\Documents and Settings\home>

So whether it means server is up and running fine?

Mny Thanks,
Rajesh
Senior Apprentice

Of course it's running, why don't you simply try to logon?

Dieter
Enthusiast

Hi,

Gr8 to know the db is up and running!!!

I am not sure of loggin on!!! I am still a novice but tryin learn!!! Can u please guide me!!

Mny Thanks,
Rajesh
Enthusiast

Hi,

I tried to login using some help manuals which asked me to create a DSN to connect via SQL Assistant. When I tried to create on using the Teradata drivers, I got the error "UNKNOWN ERROR OCCURRED IN TERASSO LIBRARY". I am nt sure of the problem behind this. Pls help me out!!

Mny Thanks

Rajesh
Senior Apprentice

Check if there's an old version of terasso.dll (wincli32.dll/tdusr32.dll) within \windows\system32 instead of \Program Files\NCR\Teradata Client\cliv2

Dieter