Starge No more Spool Space Error

Database

Starge No more Spool Space Error

I am new to Teradata. I am using Teradata 14.x on SuseLimux (vm image supplied by Teradata).

I connect using dbc in Teradata Studio Express  and then run following statements:

create user premtest2 from dbc as

perm = 500000

spool=100000

password="Prem1234"

NO FALLBACK

NO BEFORE JOURNAL

NO AFTER JOURNAL;

GRANT ALL ON premtest2 TO premtest2 WITH GRANT OPTION;

GRANT SELECT ON DBC.TVM TO premtest2;

GRANT SELECT ON DBC.Dbase TO premtest2;

GRANT SELECT ON DBC.ErrorMsgs TO premtest2 WITH GRANT OPTION;

*** Now create a table ***

Create table premtest2.Employee (name varchar(10));

Everything looks good at this point. When connected as dbc; I do see premtest2 user created

And then inside  premtest2, I can see table Employee.

Question

Now In Teradata  Studio Express, I connect as premtest2 (instead of DBC). I do see  schemas All,  DBC, CrashDUmp…   as well as  premtest2, but then under Tables, I do not see my Employee table. Instead  when I I click on Tables, I get following error:

No more spool space in premtest2. Any idea why? I have tried different values for spool, but all give same error message. Why ??

No more spool space in premtest3.

3 REPLIES

Re: Starge No more Spool Space Error

No more spool space in premtest2 (and not premtest3). Looks to me some misleading error message, root cause may be something else.

N/A

Spool space is used for intermediate results/sorting/answer set.

When you click on "Tables" a query will be submitted to retrieve that information from Teradata's system tables, either a "SELECT ...FROM dbc.TablesV" or "HELP USER premtest2". Both requires spool space to be processed, dbc's has unimited spool and premtest2's 100kb is definitely not enough.

Depending on the size of your tables and the complexity of your queries you might start with at least 500MB spool:

MODIFY USER premtest2 AS SPOOL=500e+06

Dieter

Thanks a lot. I increased my spool space to 500M and now I am not getting that error.