Support for 1MB row size in ABU and DSU

Database
Enthusiast

Support for 1MB row size in ABU and DSU

Which versions of ABU (Teradata Appliance Backup Utility Installation and User Guide) and DSU (Teradata Data Stream Architecture (DSA) Data Stream Extensions Installation, Configuration, and Upgr...) can support 1MB row size? Assuming Teradata Database is 15.10 or above.

Can't easily find the document to specify the compatibility.

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Support for 1MB row size in ABU and DSU

The 1MB perm and response row feature is first supported in the database in TD16.00. DSA and the Archive/Restore (Arcmain) tools/utilities both support this feature in 16.00. I am not familiar with ABU, but it sounds like it uses these utilities under the hood. A good place to start are the Orange Books (see TAYS) on the 1MB family of features (i.e., data block, spool, perm and response, etc.).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Hi,

Not sure, but look for the versions that support TD 16.10 (not 15.10) or higher.

It is not until TD 16.10 that you have 1MB perm rows. prior to that the database supports 1MB spool rows - but spool files don't get backed up.

HTH

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com
Teradata Employee

The 1MB perm and response row feature is first supported in the database in TD16.00. DSA and the Archive/Restore (Arcmain) tools/utilities both support this feature in 16.00. I am not familiar with ABU, but it sounds like it uses these utilities under the hood. A good place to start are the Orange Books (see TAYS) on the 1MB family of features (i.e., data block, spool, perm and response, etc.).