TARA BAM 1300: 3: System Detected Error

Database
SHF
Enthusiast

TARA BAM 1300: 3: System Detected Error

Our archive failed on the following error yesterday.

Failure ARC0805: Access Module returned error code 34:

Error BAM1300: 3:System detected error, operation aborted

The documentation doesn't provide a lot of detail as to what  caused this system error. Can anyone please shed some light on how to troubleshoot this error?

Appreciate it.

4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: TARA BAM 1300: 3: System Detected Error

I know this is an old post, but it doesn't have any replies.

We got this error when a backup was blocked on the database behind a long running "create table as" statement. NetBackup finally timed out, aborting the backup and leaving a HUT lock on the database which blocked the next "create table" statement until we released the lock.

I have not yet found a way to have ARC skip over tables it can't get a lock on to prevent this problem in the first place.

Enthusiast

We too faced this error yesterday. Any workaround for this?

Or it is just that we have to relauch the backup!.

Any suggestions pls?

Enthusiast

Hi,

I dont think there is a solution to this apart from restarting after lock is released. You dont have a "access lock" in archive.  The CT as.. would take a read lock on the source table which is restrictive in nature or you can try "locking source table for access" below Ct and try.

--Samir

Teradata Employee

I am getting the same error 

*** Failure ARC0805:Access Module returned error code 34: Error BAM1300: 3:System detected error, operation aborted. .

is there any guide available that could explain what these errors mean? because i went through the arcmain manual, it didn't have any.