TDWMEXCEPTIONLOG ErrorText CPUTime explanation

Database

TDWMEXCEPTIONLOG ErrorText CPUTime explanation

Hi, I am looking to do some analysis on demoted queries using DBC.TDWMEXCEPTIONLOG. The column errortext reports CPUTime for any demoted query (Errorcode 3158). I was trying to correlate the CPUTime reported in TDWMEXCEPTIONLOG with DBQLogtbl but I could not find any correlation. My question is; the CPUTime reported in errortext column is, CPUTime when exception occurred or total CPUTime used by the query. My understanding so far is that it's the CPUTime when exception occurred, but than it should be same CPUTime for all demoted queries. We have a WD defined where users are demoted from FAST->SLOW workload after 600-CPU seconds and it's valid for all states. Looking at TDWMEXCEPTIONLOG.Errortext column CPUTime report different values for different queries when demoted from FAST->SLOW. Any help will be much appreciated. Regards, Khalid
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: TDWMEXCEPTIONLOG ErrorText CPUTime explanation

Exceptions don't trigger instantaneously. In general, checking for exceptions happens at the end of a query step and periodically based on the TDWM exception interval.

The exception message text reflects values when the exception was detected.

Re: TDWMEXCEPTIONLOG ErrorText CPUTime explanation

Thanks Fred, appreciate your response. Since we have a default (60sec) interval it confused me.
Tags (2)