TPT Date NULL errors for FastLoad

Database
Enthusiast

TPT Date NULL errors for FastLoad

Hello All,

I am pulling data from DB2 to Teradata using TPT.
I guess TPT is doing Fastload when doing Load.
I am getting an error when Column2 contains NULL Values with SourceCoulmn Data type as DATE. It is working fine when it doesn't encounter any Null Values.
DB2 Source Structure: Column1 CHARACTER (10),
Column2 INTDATE

Teradata Structure E.g.:
CREATE SET TABLE ABC (
Column3 VARCHAR (10),
Column4 DATE FORMAT ‘YYYY-MM-DD’ )
PRIMARY INDEX (Column1);

Fastload does this Insert Statement:
'INSERT INTO ABC (Column3, Column4) VALUES (:Column1, :Column2);'

Please advise the general process to load data in to Teradata using FastLoad when the Source Date Field contains NULL values.

Currently I made it to work using Coalesce (Column2,’defaultdate’) but I need to go back and update them as null.
Another way that I am trying is to make Column4 as Column4 CHAR (10) in Teradata and when inserting, I am trying to transform Column2 to CHAR--- VALUES (:Column1, :Column2 Char(10)). Could some one correct the Transformation.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions
Srikant
3 REPLIES

Re: TPT Date NULL errors for FastLoad

It sounds like you are having the same problems we have encountered. There is a problem that surfaces with Decimal columns and null data. If revolves around the length of the string it is expecting. We have an active incident with @YourService; it is RECCC7S2J. We are testing to see it the current patch resolves it. Hope we can save you some time.

Did you find any solution to this problem. we are also facing the same problem in one of the decimal column , in the middle of the record structure. for all null values of this column, the UPDATE operator is throwing rows into error table?

Not sure if you've got the question answered but here's one option to get over the problem -

coalesce(, null)