TPT Mainframe Utility - Help

Database
Enthusiast

TPT Mainframe Utility - Help

Hi

Am plaining to use TPT in place for MLOAD and FLOAD for loading huge data from other source to Teradata tables using Tedata mainframe TPT utility.

Could any one please help to figure out below answers.

1. We will be using PGM=BTQMAIN, PGM=MLOAD, PGM=FASTLOAD and PGM=XPORT in JCL to load/unload the data. What we need use for TPT i.e, PGM=?

2. Is there any sample TPT script to import data to TD tables? Please share

Thanks in Advance, please help me guys

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: TPT Mainframe Utility - Help

If you have the SAMPLIB dataset, then look at member PT#TPT for a sample PROC.

Refer to the TPT User Guide Appendix A for descriptions of the other sample members.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES
Supporter

Hi,

In the 

Teradata Parallel Transporter User Guide

there is a section

IBM z/OS Sample Files

It states:

These sample files can be found on the Teradata Tools and Utilities software release distribution tape and are loaded during the installation process into a SAMPLIB dataset. For the dataset name the Teradata Tools and Utilities for IBM z/OS Installation Guide and contact your software installer.

Enthusiast

Thanks.

Enthusiast

Thanks

I got all JCL libraries for TPT and not able to spot SAMPJCL member for TPT utility.

Please share the sample TPT JCL and let me know what i need to use PGM= _____ for TPT utility

Please help

Teradata Employee

If you have the SAMPLIB dataset, then look at member PT#TPT for a sample PROC.

Refer to the TPT User Guide Appendix A for descriptions of the other sample members.

Enthusiast

Thanks I got it. many thanks for your help..
I will share the output soon.

Enthusiast

While runing the TPT am getting following error.

TPT_INFRA: TPT01155: Error: Infrastructure setup for the Parallel Task Manager failed

TPT_INFRA: TPT02057: Error: LPAR- PTM status 10: IPC initialization problem; Check Teradata Parallel Transporter file config.ini

Am using Teradata Parallel Transporter Version 15.00.00.04 32-Bit

Please help me

Enthusiast

I have fixed the above issue by adding Region=0M in JCL. now Am getting TPT19015 TPT Exit code set to 12 and my target and error tables locked. Please help me to sort out this issue Please help