TPT19102 Record Byte Count Error during Insert

Database
Enthusiast

TPT19102 Record Byte Count Error during Insert

Hi all,

I'm running a TPT script to load the data from a file to Table. I'm receiving the below error.
TPT19102 Row 16 : Record bytecount error. Expected 26, received 15.

But my source file contains only 15 rows. Also I'm giving the source file format as Unformatted. Please help me on this.

Thanks,

Vinay 

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: TPT19102 Record Byte Count Error during Insert

It sounds like either the source file contains 15 residual bytes or the records aren't quite getting parsed correctly.

My guess is that the source file contains new-line characters (15 of them), which are treated as data in Unformatted files.  TPT reads the first new-line as the start of the 2nd record, the second new-line as the second byte of the 3rd record, and so on.  If that is the case, remove the new-lines or try format TEXT.

Enthusiast

Thanks for your help GJColeman. I've changed the source file format as Text and it ran fine.

But for another source file, I'm getiing the following error.

$FILE_READER[1]: TPT19113 Data length implied by Data Schema (163) is not the same as record length (162).

Could you please help me with this also.

Teradata Employee

It sounds like one of the records is one byte short.  Can you check that?  For example,

awk 'length($0) != 163 {print NR}' <source-file>

displays the record number of any record that is not 163 bytes.  Then maybe you can check it with an editor.

Enthusiast

It worked !!! Thanks for your help GJColeman.