Table Growth using dictionary tables

Database
Enthusiast

Table Growth using dictionary tables

All,

Is there any dictionary tables i can the get the information about the table growth?

Like, Data in my "Table_A" has grown 40% in one month.

Thanks

Sen 

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Table Growth using dictionary tables

If you have PDCR implemented, you can look in those tables. It will capture your history of table space as it changes daily and from there you can calculate your growth rate.
Enthusiast

Hi mnylin,

How do i check whether pdcr is implemented or not? Is there anyway like we does for the DBQL?

Thanx

Sidhhu

Enthusiast

I believe PDCR is a Managed Services offering from Teradata. Your DBA or Teradata CSR should be able to assist you with identifying whether or not PDCR has been installed. 

Otherwise, you can create a maintenance routine that runs and captures what is in DBC.DiskSpace in another database (where you keep your DBQL History) on a daily basis. You may chose to retain the data at the vproc/amp level or aggregate it.

The same could be done for DBC.TableSize as well if you so choose to retain a historical view of your table sizes over time.

Hi,

What is PDCR means?How it works and where it is useful?can you plz explain about PDCR with examples?

Thanks&Regards,

Anil Kumar

Enthusiast

If I remember correctly, PDCR is called Performance Data Collection & Reporting services database, which complements the inforamtion captured in ResUsage tables or DBQL to give a more advance reporting features for performance measures. These are Teradata Professional Services Offers for MS/DBAs.

Probably you can get more information from your local Teradata team.