Teradata DBQL logging setup and maintanence document for TD 15

Database
Teradata Employee

Teradata DBQL logging setup and maintanence document for TD 15

Hi,

There are DBQL logging setup and maintenance documents for TD 13.X and 14.X available on the database download page.

What about TD 15 ? Is this documents already available ?

Regards, Eric

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata DBQL logging setup and maintanence document for TD 15

Seconding Eric's question... interested in TD 15.0 docs for DBQL.

Thanks,

Dan

Enthusiast

I posted the following last August..... crickets!  Does Donna Becker still work for Teradata?

07 Aug 2014

TD15.00 DBQL Migration Scripts

I have looked in the usual places for the DBQL migration scripts but do not see anything related to 15.0. Does anyone know where these scripts are located or if they have been released? I'm not seeing much doco around 15.0 yet (upgrading, pdcr, dbql, etc.).

Thanks,

Joe

Looking for the 15.0 version as well. 

Teradata Employee

check with: 

Dan Fritz, Senior Product Manager

Performance and System Management Services Office - 317.742.7291

Teradata Employee

Beginning in TD 15 – we actually have core PDCR structures as part of the DIP scripts.  Running the PDCR DIP script will install all the core tables, macros, and stored procedures necessary to move ResUsage and DBQL data from DBC into PDCRDATA.

After running DIPPDCR, take a look at PDCRADM, within you'll find data movement macros.  You can use LoadDBQLTmp, LoadDBQLHstTbls, ManageDBQLTmp to move DBQL data, and LoadResUsage for Resusage data.

Enthusiast

aftre upgrade to 15.10 i can't find PDCRADM database installed, maybe DIPPDCR hadn't run.

Do PDCR only availbale as separate PS product also on 15 ?

it will be painful since the old SYS_MGMT script where available and no new version for 15.

Teradata Employee

PDCR is part of the product as of TD15 and later. But DIPPDCR must be run to install the tables, macros,...

Where can I find the macro DIPPDCR? I can't find it when I "list of the macros & procedure" using Teradata Administrator in both TD14 or TD15 VM Express. 

Teradata Employee

DIPPDCR is a script which is part of the install/upgrade process for the Teradata database. 

The upgrade process should be rechecked and make sure this script gets executed.