Teradata Corporation is pleased to announce the availability of new Teradata Express versions based on our recently released version 14.0 of the Teradata database. The Teradata Express program is a freely licensed virtual instance of the Teradata database. It is fully functional for evaluation, test and development purposes.
1. What does Teradata Express 14.0 for VMware include?
Teradata Express14.0 for VMware includes the following:
There are 3 different images available that have different database sizes (4 GB, 40GB, and 1 TB). The images are 64 bit SUSE Linux 10 SP 3. They are configured as a 2 AMP SMP. The username and password are
2. What are the differences between Teradata Express 14.0 for VMware and Teradata Database 14.0?
3. What are the hardware requirements for Teradata Express 14.0 for VMware?
Teradata Express 14.0 for VMware is a Linux version of the Teradata Database and may be hosted on a number of 64-bit platforms including Linux and Windows. Minimum system requirements: x64 CPU, 2 GB memory.
The VMware® web site provides a Processor Check for 64-Bit Compatibility tool. This can be used to verify that the system is 64 bit. You can download the tool here.
There is also a BIOS setting to enable virtualization. Instructions to turn on hardware virtualization in a PC BIOS are specific to OEM models. It is important that after changing the BIOS settings the PC is completely shut down at the power switch before restarting so that the new BIOS settings can take place.
4. What are the software requirements for Teradata Express 14.0 for VMware?
Minimum 64-Bit system requirements:
5. What other software do I need?
6. How do I get Teradata Express 14.0 for VMware?
Visit the Teradata Express for VMware download page.