Teradata Express 14.0 for VMware now available

Database
The Teradata Database channel includes discussions around advanced Teradata features such as high-performance parallel database technology, the optimizer, mixed workload management solutions, and other related technologies.

Re: Teradata Express 14.0 for VMware now available

what is the size of dump for TDE 15.00.01 SLES 10 for VMware (40GB) with Viewpoint ? 

It is taking longer for download.. approx 840 MB of dump was downloaded and still in progress..

Teradata Employee

~4gb

Enthusiast

I have installed Teradata studio 15 on windows machine have the ODBC drivers installed.

Now how do i login ?? Do i need to install the server for creating user and password ?

Hello Experts,

I installed TDExpress14.0.3_Sles10_4GB, hoping it would have all the sample databases such as retail, sample etc., but it only has dbc database. I do not see the other databases under teradata on the database explorer. Could you please tell me if I should install the 40gb version of TDExpress to get all the sample databases for practice? 

Thanks,

Shahul

Teradata Employee

i happen to have T15.00.02 on my laptop and started it and i see sample databases (using teradata studio). it's the 40GB version of T15.00.02.

Tourist

Does the below free developer edition has a 90 day evaluation period as well?

http://downloads.teradata.com/download/database/teradata-on-vmware-developer-tier