Teradata Express 14.0 for VMware now available

Database
The Teradata Database channel includes discussions around advanced Teradata features such as high-performance parallel database technology, the optimizer, mixed workload management solutions, and other related technologies.
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Express 14.0 for VMware now available

I am new to Teradata. Recently I installed TTU 14 in my lap.

System config: Windows7 64bit, 4gb ram, 500GB hd..

While trying to connect teradata SQL assistant it is throwing error like connection refused..

Please guide me

Is the Teradata Express 14 availble for Windows 7 32bit ? with Teradata Database version 14.

Enthusiast

I installed Teradata Express 14.0 for VMware 40gb

While connecting teradata studio express it is giving error saying that cannot create connection. Can someone help me out to connect 

Teradata Employee

See smazingo comment from 14 Nov. You need to get the ip address from within the VM by running ifconfig from the linux prompt. This will give you the ip address to set up Studio Express.

Hi Cliff,

I have downloaded VMware Player and TD Express 14.0.3 4 GB version. When I am trying to connect through ODBC, I am getting an error message that teradata is not accepting connections. I have tried many options of configuring VM Network adapter steeings but in vain. Can you suggest the steps I should take in order to be able to connect to teradata using TTU 15?

Thanks.

Teradata Employee

one thing to check first if this isn't working is the security groups launch wizard for your instance in EC2. You need to have the various inbound ports set up  80, 1025,  8080, 22, 443. If it's not obvious how to set them up, look at the other launch wizards to see how they are set up. hope this will help.

Enthusiast

Are all the TASM and Priority Scheduller tools included in this VM version SL10 + viewpoint?

After installing TD experess 14, i have started the view point services. the services have successfully started, how do i access the view point portals in firefox??

I was able to connect to viewpoint by http://localhost/ in firefox but its not authenticating.

what is the userid & password for View Point administraor? I have tried admin/teradata, its not working.

Teradata Employee

not sure. that is the correct username and password. i just tried it myself with the T14.05 express with vp and i was able to start and log in. i found that the username and password were not prepopulated, which i think is supposed to be the case.  please feel free to send me a screenshot of what you're seeing to my teradata email. i would be interested in seeing what is happening. jm180036@teradata.com

thanks, steve