Teradata Express 15.0 is now available so that you can evaluate the new features of Teradata. Teradata Database 15.0 is the newest release of Teradata’s industry-leading RDBMS. This release extends Teradata’s leadership in several key areas, and continues to position Teradata Database as the database of choice for Integrated Warehousing, Business Analytics, and participation in the Unified Data Architecture.
The Teradata Express program offers customers a free evaluation version of the Teradata database as a download from Teradata.com. While the Express edition is not licensed for production usage and is not officially supported, this is a fully functional Teradata database that is a great tool for developers and testers working on their Teradata projects or other who want hands-on learning with Teradata. You can download Teradata Express and many other Teradata products for free here: http://downloads.teradata.com/download
The key categories and features of Teradata 15.0 include:
• Big data & Analytics
• JSON Integration
• SQL-H Enhancements* (not available in 15.00.00 base)
• 3D Geospatial Data Type
• Geospatial Performance Enhancements
• Table Operator Enhancements
• Scripting and Language Support
• Performance Optimization
• Light Weight Redistribution
• Software Efficiency Improvements
• TASM - Virtual Partitions Enhancement (SLES11 only)
• TASM/TIWM – New Classification (by Datablock Selectivity)
• TIWM - Operating Periods
• Other Workload Management Enhancements
• Priority Scheduler Enhancements (SLES11 Only)
• Unity Callback Support
• Utility Statistics Logging
• SQL Interface For ShowBlocks
• Industry Compatiblity
• ANSI Temporal Syntax Support
• Sequenced Aggregation Enhancements
• Aggregate JI for Temporal
• Teradata Directory Services Enhancements
• 1MB Phase 2
• Quality & supportablity
• Faster time to support
• HSN Health
• Onsite System & Dump Analysis
• Intelligent Parser Retries
• Unresponsive Node Isolation
• New PI On Access Rights Table
• Roles Access Rights Improvements
• Space COD w/o Restart
• Debugging & Diagnosis
• DBQL – Show Parameters
We have additional articles on Developer Exchange for the new Teradata Express family:
Please note that while the Teradata Express family of products is not officially supported, you can talk to other users and get help in the Cloud Computing forum.
Don't we have a teradata tool ,which has inbuilt C/C++/VC++ compilers to executes the Stored procedures?.. Thanks..
I cant see the TD 15.0 express VM at the download link... the link points to Teradata Studio Express 15.0. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
I have dowloaded and Installed Teradata Express TTU 15.0.0 Version client tools fir Windows 8. Could any help me to get VM player with SUSE or LINUX configured with Teradata database for the version 15.0. Please provide me the link to download.
Thanks in Advance.
I'm signed in but your link still gets me to the Teradata STUDIO download page. Needs to be fixed asap.
Is there a version, which has Querygrid functionality (load_from_hcatalog) already preinstalled?