Teradata Express Database for Windows

Database
Enthusiast

Teradata Express Database for Windows

Is Teradata Database Express windows version still available to download in local machine to practice and hands on or it has been obsolete?

Because I can find TD Express VMware version but not any windows (32 bit) version.

Please let me know what other alternatives I have, if I want to install TD database in my windows machine for practice purpose?

Thanks

Santanu

6 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Express Database for Windows

You can download the Teradata Express for Windows from the following URL:

http://developer.teradata.com/database/articles/expanded-teradata-express-family-available

Khurram
Enthusiast

Hi Saeed

The link you given above, there in the page we have another link 

Teradata Express 13.0 for Windows

I presume it will take us to the download location. But on clicking it is getting forwarded to a seperate page.

Please help.

Thanks

Santanu

N/A

I also am having the same issue with the links on your website and need to download a developer environent to prototype in.

Teradata Employee

Just one cent.  Even if you have 32bit Windows, you can check whether your PC supports 64-bit virtualization.   There is an utility to check this, mentioned in the article http://developer.teradata.com/database/articles/introduction-to-teradata-express-for-vmware-player

If yes, then you can go with the VMWare image.

Regards,

Vlad.

Enthusiast

I think the best way is to download VMWare, install the Teradata utilities on you local machine. and access the Database running on VM from your system. This way using can perform all the activities you can perform installing the whole database on your system. 

You can also use Untiy mode of VMWare Player, this will let you use VmWare as things are running on your local machine.

Khurram
Teradata Employee

I have to install Teradata database to test some LDAP related issues. Is there any way I can get Teradata Express for my 64 bit windows 7. I cannot use VM.

Kashif