Teradata Express - No more room in database Samples

Database

Teradata Express - No more room in database Samples

I have the Teradata Express 15 40GB VM running.  I am attempting to write a relatively small amout of data (50k rows total about 15MB) to a table in the Samples database.  I am only able to write about 11k rows and then I get an error "no more room in database samples".  When I inspect the table I've written, it shows that it is only 3.6MB.  I'm not a Teradata expert (more of a novice), I am developer working on adding the ability to write some data to Teradata using the .NET provider.  

Also, when look at the properties of the samples database, I says the 'current size of all AMPs is 9.5MB'.  It seems like I should have enough room to write this 15MB of data, even to the Express version.  What is going on? 

Any help is much appreciated.

3 REPLIES
Junior Supporter

Re: Teradata Express - No more room in database Samples

Hi.

1. What is the max perm space for Samples DB? What is the perm space used for it? What is the size of the data being loaded?

2. The perm space is counted per AMP, so you could actually run out of perm space if you have skewed data. Perm space per AMP = Tot perm space for DB / num of amps.

HTH.

Cheers.

Carlos.

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for your offer of assistance.  I found a query to run and it shows perm space is 9.5MB and used space is 8.8MB.  So I guess it is full?  I guess I need to figure out how to make this database larger or create a new one to use for my test.

Or figure out if there is another database is this VM that has enough space to do my test.  Btw, I am trying to write about 15MB of data at this point.  But I would like to try with larger data as well eventually.

Thank you

Greg

Thanks again.  I crreated a new database with a few hundred MBs of size and I running my tests now.  :-)