Teradata .Net Dataprovider connection error

Database

Teradata .Net Dataprovider connection error

Hi All,

We are using .Net Dataprovider for Teradaya version13.01.00.We already installed the provider on our machine(Windows server 2008).We tried to connect to our remote server Teradata database using Nquery we got the below error.

[TeraGSS Security Library] [115022] exception occured in TERAGSS layer.See inner exception.

We are using the below connectrion string to connect to terardata base from NQuery

Data Source = x.x.x.x; User Id = sssss; Password = ssssss;

If my connection string is wrong can help me to write connection string by using the below crecdentials

ip : x.x.x.x
datbase name :y
user id :sssss
Password:sssss

But we can connect to the server using the same credentials through Teradata Oledb Provider and can retrieve the data to Excel.

Please help on this

Our database name is Y and ip is x.x.x.x
3 REPLIES

Re: Teradata .Net Dataprovider connection error

our mechines are 64 bit windows server 2008

I know this is an old post. I spent lot of time searching the root cause of this login issue. So I would like to add my comment for those who investigate this issue in future.

If the password has '@' , the LDAP treats it differently and causes the login issue. It can happen with JDBC, CLI, ODBC and .Net. Please refer Teradata Knowledge Article KAP1B0756.

N/A

The following the article from Teradata support for KAP1B0756

Teradata Knowledge Base    Solution    ID: KAP1B0756

Special character in password such as @ prevents LDAP login

Condition/Symptom:

LDAP logins fail if the password includes a special character such as an at @ sign. The error indicates "User ID, Password or Account is invalid."

Probable Cause:

The characters @, / and \ have special meanings in a UPN. If they are encountered in a password, they must be escaped as follows: \@, \/ (backslash followed immediately by forward slash, not capital V)and \.

Solution:

The problem is documented in DR 119905 for CLIv2 and DR 132857 for ODBC, and is fixed in the following product versions:

CLIv2 12.0.0.7, 13.0.0.2, 13.10.0.0

ODBC 12.0.0.6, 13.0.0.3, 13.10.0.0

Prior to using a fixed version, the workaround is to use the escape character \ prior to the character.

Configuration Data:

References to Procedures:

Additional Info/Comments:

Current Attachments:

There are no attachments on this document.