Teradata Orange Books!!!

Database
Enthusiast

Teradata Orange Books!!!

Hi,

Kindly let me know how to access the Teradata Orange Books.

When i try to access the orange books at Teradata.com it prompts me to apply for
"Teradata@ your service" membership.

But in the application form its asking me to enter the Teradata Site IDs for which
i need incident handling Capabilities.

Can someone explain what they mean by this and how to access the Orange books?

Regards,
Annal T
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Orange Books!!!

Teradata @ your service ID would help you open incidents on defects/concerns/documentation/general information related to teradata.

This service is available to the companies which are running teradata.When a Incident is opened, teradata would ask for site ID to validate your request.

I suggest you to have your manager apply for a TD@YS ID for you.Once you get the ID you will have access to all the documentation,software patches,orange books related to Teradata.Through TD@YS Id you will be able to contact Teradata customer service when there is any problem with your teradata software/installation.
Enthusiast

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the information!!!

Kindly let me know what Teradata exactly means by a "Site ID".

Assume i have a problem with my Teradata Installation, now what information should i be giving for the "Site Id" ? (Is it the url of my Teradata Server or something else?)

Regards,
Annal T

Enthusiast

Teradata identifies your companies teradata installation through site IDs. for example if your company name is Bingo and you have two installations of teradata, say development and production.Teradata would identify each installation using a site ID say for eg:- BNG01 for dev and BNG02 for production.

So when you raise a incident with teradata for production issue you should provide site ID as BNG02.
Enthusiast

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the info!!!