Teradata Service not starting

Database

Teradata Service not starting

Folks,

I have installed Teradata 13.0 demo version on my machine. I installed the database as an administrator of the machine. After the install completed, I did restart the machine.
But when I logged back in as an administrator, i couldn't get the Terdata Service Control to start the database. It stalls at "PDE State:DOWN/HARDSTOP"
I tried to manually start the service "Teradata Database Initiator" but that doesn't start as well.

I looked at the event viewer and I could see that there is an error related to this service starting. The error says "PDE Critical daemon recond(3580) no service file for pderecond1 port: WSAGetLastError(): 11004"

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Thanks
K
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES

Re: Teradata Service not starting

I have the same issue, the other two services have started but the iniator service fails to start??

anyone else getting this issue??

N/A

Just installed the 13.0 demo version and experiencing the same issue. Any clue guys? were you able to figure out?
N/A

Hmmm ,,, I found that error when i upgraded from 12 to 13 without not fully remove the teradata. when I full completed removed the 12 installation and then instal the 13 .. everything seems ok
N/A

This is my first installation of teradata on this machine. Not sure what's going on. Any clues or suggestions?

I have installed teradata Tools and Utilities for Windows(td-ttu-13.10.00.00) but when ever i am trying to open SQL assistant and try to connect through ODBC connection{given ip(127.0.0.1) and username and password as dbc} then its giving the following error:-

0: WSA E HostUnreach: The Teradata server can't currently be reached over this network

Please help, i had installed and uninstall 5 or 6 times and uninstall my antivirus and turn off windows firewall as well then also its not working....

Please check if you have a host entry as per the installation instruction, then change the network properties to Bridged:

"The easiest solution is to set the VM network mode to "Bridged", then it's visible in the network like a real server"

Check this: http://forums.teradata.com/forum/database/dbs-crashed-or-sessions-reset

I have installed teradata Tools and Utilities for Windows(td-ttu-13.10.00.00) but when ever i am trying to open SQL assistant and try to connect through ODBC connection{given ip(127.0.0.1) and username and password as dbc} then its giving the following error:-

0: WSA E HostUnreach: The Teradata server can't currently be reached over this network

Please help, i had installed and uninstall 5 or 6 times and uninstall my antivirus and turn off windows firewall as well then also its not working...

Run the following command to start "net start recond" and wait for sometime and then try.

Original thread spawn and deviation question.

Try Quick check on TERADATA Service.

on Unix:

Check Terdata service

$ pdestate -a                  /* if it is (PDE state: DOWN/HARDSTOP) */

Start Terdata service on Unix/Linux

$ /etc/init.d/tpa start

or on windows->

c:\> net start recond

You can manually start the service in Windows Services (Teradata Database Initiator) and start the TERADATA service.

Again check the status using

$ pdestate -a  /* It should be Started */

If service is still not started then either your services are disabled check Windows even viewer Log for addiotional information.

/Raj