Teradata fallback fastload error tables though the default protectiontype of the database is N

Database
Enthusiast

Teradata fallback fastload error tables though the default protectiontype of the database is N

Hi all,

I am facing some issues in my fastload jobs. When my fastload jobs are running the error tables which will be created during fastload jobs are getting created as fallback tables. Not sure how they are getting created as Fallback eventhough the default protectiontype of the database is N (no fallback).

Please advice on the same. Is there any setting which has to be changed? This issue is affecting my jobs.

Thanks,
Karthik
2 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: Teradata fallback fastload error tables though the default protectiontype of the database is N

Hi Karthik,

afaik you can't change that.

But why is this affecting your jobs?

Enthusiast

Re: Teradata fallback fastload error tables though the default protectiontype of the database is N

Thanks dieter. The problem here is when there are two many error records they will be taking long time during error table insert as fallback copy also has to be inserted in the error table right? Just was curious to check how tables are getting created as fallback when th default protection type of the database is "no fallback".

Thank you for your advice.