Teradata sql to give the table names when you have given the column names in a database

Database
Enthusiast

Teradata sql to give the table names when you have given the column names in a database

Hi All

Am trying to find out the Teradata sql to give the table names when you have given the column names in a database.

For Example in oracle to find the table names which uses the column EXTRACT_SYS_ID.

SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM all_tab_cols WHERE COLUMN_NAME ='EXTRACT_SYS_ID';

What is the sql related to Teradata.
7 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata sql to give the table names when you have given the column names in a database

Hello,

You can use DBC.Columns table for that.

Regards,

Adeel
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata sql to give the table names when you have given the column names in a database

Hi

select * from DBC.Columns where ColumnName = 'ACC_NO'

The above query results with the System tables also ....
but i need only the user tables .......

Can u pls suggest me the way to do it.

Thanks
Dileep
Teradata Employee

Well...for that you can filter using DatabaseName...

Regards,

Adeel
Enthusiast

is it this way ??

select DatabaseName.Table_Name from DBC.Columns where Column_Name = 'ACC_NO' ??

Could you please give me the exact query??

Regards

Teradata Employee

Can you please define the system tables?

And do you know the name of database in which you need to search for the column?

Regards,

Adeel
Enthusiast

yah .... say for example Database name is Account.
but still i doubt whether Account.Table_Name works fine ??

Regards
Teradata Employee

You can use it as follows:

SELECT * FROM DBC.Columns WHERE ColumnName = 'ACC_NO' AND DatabaseName = 'Account';

Regards,

Adeel