Teradta Error 6908

Database
Enthusiast

Teradta Error 6908

We have an external .net application feeding data to our DWH system. While doing inserts/updates with more than 1 record sometimes we are getting the below error :- 

6908   Iterated request: Multi-statement requests not supported.

Under what circumstances will the error occur, and why is it that sometimes the inserts run fine and other times they do not? Is there any parameter within the database which we can alter to prevent this error?

Any options/suggestions on how to resolve the same are welcome.

5 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradta Error 6908

Is it for the same one table? Maybe you can stuff your inserts/updates if for the same table in BT/ET

BT---Begin transaction  ET---End transaction

Enthusiast

are you saying that we add BT/ET for every single DML operation or just at the  begining and end of the entire process?

Enthusiast

I don't know what is there beginning and end of the entire process. I have not seen your code code.

I m suggesting that maybe you can try  stuffing your INSERTS/UPDATES if for the same table in BT/ET.

Teradata Employee

It appears that parameter arrays are in use. It is not allowed to send a multi-statement request when parameter array is used - that is what this error is saying. The code will need to be reviewed to see how the two are being combined.

Teradata Employee

Are the statements generated at run-time or are hard-coded? Is ';' used at the end of each statement? Are the requests being sent to DB concatenated?