Trouble with timestamp(6) in TD 13.10

Database

Trouble with timestamp(6) in TD 13.10

Hi

We recently moved to TD13.10 and with it the timestamp(6) fields started collecting the milliseconds as well. Earlier the milliseconds were being recorded as zeros. This is causing an issue with our application and we need to turn off the millisecond recording in timestamp(6). Is there a DBSControl parameter/any other parameter which can be changed to do so?

Please advise, thanks.

A.

5 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Trouble with timestamp(6) in TD 13.10

Do you want to collect milliseconds now OR want to trun them off? Please clarify

Khurram

Right now its being collected. I want to turn if off. Also is there a difference between TD12 and TD13.10 related to the current_timestamp value. Were milliseconds in TD12 padded with zeros or did they have actual values in them?

Teradata Employee

Enthusiast

I am not sure if there is any such parameter in DBSControl. I dont think this is an issue caused by shifting from TD 12 to TD 13.

You must probe into the issue, it might be a change in the source data. As you have stated that the field is Timestamp(6), so it will always collect milliseconds whether TD-12, OR TD-13. It must be an issue with data quality.

Khurram
Enthusiast

I have recently gone through a session level setting for date, timestamp and time fromats. you can check the session level settings in Bteq and ODBC advanced options. 

Khurram