Uber Newb - trying to connect from Command line on AIX

Database

Uber Newb - trying to connect from Command line on AIX

Hi everyone.,

I am trying to get a connection to a remote TeraData server from an AIX(Unix) command line. What tools do I need to Install and what documentation should I be looking at?

Seems everyone at my company uses a reporting tool through windows and no one has any experience in this area.

Thanks a bunch!
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Uber Newb - trying to connect from Command line on AIX

You need to install Teradata Tools and Utilities (TTU) 8.0 or 8.1, then use bteq (Teradata BTEQ Application) to connect and run your SQLs.
Enthusiast

If you try to connect to the Teradara server on a Unix box, then use TTU & bteq; If you try to connect Teradata server on your window system, just need "Teradata SQL Assistant", or some other tools using ODBC to connect to any database servers

Thanks for your reply.
I downloaded and installed: TTU 8.2 AIX Power cliv2.04.08.02.00
I also installed the odbc drivers:
TTU 8.2 AIX-power32 tdodbc.03.06.00.02

Both from the download center. I cant find a bteq anywhere on the server it is installed under. any ideas?
Enthusiast

Inside the TTU package, run setup.bat, the TTU Installation screen appears. Select bteq to install it.
After installation, type the following command to check:
pkginfo -l bteq
If your installation is successful, the information for bteq will display. Otherwise, bteq is not there and you have to re-install.

Xueling