Unable to access application tables.

Database

Unable to access application tables.

Hello,

When I try to access my application tables from the teradata database I get this error,

[Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 13.10.00.31] [Error 5315] [SQLState HY000] The user does not have SELECT access to DBC.UDTInfo.TypeName

Somewhere I read that this was a bug in the earlier release and the workaround was to provide SELECT permission on the UDTInfo table.

Is this resolved in release 13/14?

It would be of great help if somebody could let me know why is this error thrown and if migrating to the latest release would help.

Thanks!

Sayali

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Unable to access application tables.

This is not a bug. You must be granted SELECT access to DBC.UDTInfo in order to call some of the DatabaseMetaData methods that can return UDT information.

Enthusiast

I believe Tom is right, Its just a rights issue, get the Select rights and you will be able to access this info.

Khurram

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this information.

But when I try to access the same tables using Oracle Developer or some other sql client I do not face this issue .

Its just that I get this error when I try to access the tables from my application.

If its the rights issue then I must get the same error in any application that I try to access the tables.

Please explain.

Thanks!

Sayali

Teradata Employee

Sayali, did you read what I posted? That error typically comes from your application calling DatabaseMetaData methods such as DatabaseMetaData.getColumns, not from querying tables.